Saturday, March 3, 2007

I am

It occurs to me that, on the off chance someone is actually bored enough to read this crap, I ought to tell them (you) a little about myself so they can put what they've read into perspective. Having not written much yet, I'm not sure exactly what's going to need to be put into perspective, so I'll keep the background as broad as I can.

I live in a tiny little town called Zoar (so if you found my blog and came here hoping I was a big fan of some Masters of the Universe action figure, sorry to disappoint). When I say tiny, I mean tiny. There are smaller towns I'm sure, but not by too damned much. Let's put it this way, when my family of four goes on vacation, the population dips by 2%. No stoplights. No gas stations. No grocery stores. Just me and 199 other people. Having grown up on 140 acres of wooded hills, surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of acres of undeveloped land, it has taken me a while to get used to living in the big city village. The town in itself could provide fodder for hundreds of entertaining posts, so I'm sure you'll be reading more about it soon.

I not only live in Zoar, but I work here too. By trade, I'm an ad guy. I'm the heir apparent to a 35 year old business-to-business advertising agency that is much more successful than one might imagine an ad agency in a town of 200 people could be.

My wife and I also own another business called The Assembly House. The Assembly House is an online retailer that sells primitive antique reproductions - Decorated Hat Boxes, Redware Plates, Christmas Decorations (including great Belsnickles) and Yellow Ware. We do have a bricks and mortar shop, but it's only open by chance or appointment. Now that we've got that shameless plug behind us, let's move on.

Other than that, I am:
married
conservative
a recovering alcoholic
(mostly) honest
overbearing (per my wife and stepkids)
a narcissist (per someone named Amy)
reasonably intelligent
a gambler
a web programmer
a copy writer
forgetful
32
somewhat agnostic
a smoker
the funniest guy I know
an entrepreneur
tired.

Goodnight.

No comments: